Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Blog Name

A Wiggled Road comes from the Dr. Seuss picture book, Oh, the Places You'll Go! When I read this sentence in the book (below image), it reminded me of our adventure. I know, I know... it sounds weird. But if you really think about it, it makes complete sense.



“You'll start in to race down long wiggled roads at a break-necking pace

and grind on for miles across weirdish wild space.-From Dr. Seuss "Oh, the Places You'll Go!"

To me, a little wiggle in your road is good! Before I met my hubbie, my road was straight. I had a five year life plan. Who am I kidding... I had a 10 year life plan, an account on The Knot.com (ladies, I know I am not the only one who made up a wedding date just to be able to plan my future wedding), and my entire future planned to a T... BORING!

With his forbidden dance moves, contagious laughter, and unmistakable joie de vivre, my husband, Brody, taught me that you can't plan life, you have to live it! That is why it is so funny that when we heard about moving to Brazil, I jumped in head first. Ready for the adventure!

So, the wiggled road in one way represents life's adventures!

On another note, the wiggled road also represents "the waiting place" as Dr. Seuss explains later in the book. Even though we will be living life to the fullest and taking the adventure of a lifetime. As much as I try to get this feeling out of my head and heart, to me, it is also two more years before we actually settle down, buy a house, get my beloved golden-doodle puppy and start a family.

However, a two year stint in Brazil will be worth the delayed life timeline.  I just know it!

Below is another Dr. Seuss quote that I plan to refer to when things get difficult...a bit of mind candy to chew on if you will!


“Out there things can happen, and frequently do, To people as brainy and footsy as you.


And when things start to happen, don't worry, don't stew.


Just go right along, you'll start happening too!” 


― Dr. SeussOh, the Places You'll Go!


BTW: I almost named the blog Brainy and Footsy... but I did not think anyone would get it...sometimes it is hard being a teacher!haha

No comments:

Post a Comment