Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Feira De Itaim

On Tuesdays, the neighborhood where we are staying has a farmers market. The prices are really low and the produce is fresh and beautiful. Brazilians were filling shopping carts with produce! As I walked through the feria, I felt like I was being attacked by the Portuguese language! All of the vendors yell out their deals and wish everyone a good day, "Bom dia!" One nice man asked if I wanted to try a papaya. He cut off a hug piece and gave it to me. Chomping down on it and forgetting that papaya skin is really rough, I must have looked silly trying to swallow because he immediately handed me a napkin. I am super excited to learn more about the exotic fruit here.

I love that the banana tent was yellow!





Lots of alface (lettuce)

Figs

I have no idea what these are! 

No comments:

Post a Comment