Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Cookin' with Fresh Produce

After buying fresh produce at the feira last weekend, I was inspired to cook two new *healthy* casserole recipes loaded with veggies.

First, I baked a Squash, Tomato and Red Pepper Casserole with Quinoa. It was interesting trying to chop the acorn squash in my lil' kitchen! I followed the recipe exactly, except I did not buy the fresh herbs and I used sliced french bread instead of crumbles. I found the recipe here:

http://joanne-eatswellwithothers.com/2012/08/recipe-tomato-squash-and-red-pepper-gratin.html

Here are the photos from my tiny Brazilian kitchen:


 I made a side dish of broccolli with parmesan cheese, red-pepper flakes, salt and pepper.

The red-pepper flakes added a kick!

Brody's Colorful Plate

I found this Loaded Cauliflower Chicken Casserole recipe on Pinterest. 

http://rachelschultz.com/2013/05/01/loaded-cauliflower-chicken-casserole/

I changed the recipe a bit by adding broccoli and using swiss cheese (because you can't find cheddar in Sao Paulo-- definitely not shredded). I did not use bacon and I added parmesan crumbles on top. 



Delish!





No comments:

Post a Comment