Monday, January 21, 2013

Movin' On Up!

We moved up in the world this weekend. No longer are we mere peasants on the second floor with no carpet and an old TV. We are now in a room on the 10th floor with carpet, robes, and a flat-screen TV! Wowsers!

From this...
Photo taken standing next to bed.

To This!
Photo taken standing next to bed. So much more space!

From this:
Photo taken standing next to TV stand.
To This:
Photo taken standing in middle of room with lots of space around me!
Plus, our new crazy painting above the bed has COLOR, and our AC has a remote control... I know, I know, I need to calm down. It just makes me so happy because I have to do this...

Laundry in the shower!
Yes, half of the shower has a glass door that does not move. This makes it difficult to do laundry in the shower without getting wet. Luckily, I found these nifty clips at Extra today to help hang undies and socks.
I tried to crop as close as I could to the clips without showing the dirty laundry.
 ( Just look at  the clips!)
 The bucket below works too! Funny story- today was my final day preparing for our move into the apartment on February 1. ( I begin teaching next week and am going into school tomorrow to organize and prepare! Cant wait!)

Today, my goal was to buy everything for the kitchen and cleaning supplies for the laundry room. So, I spent two hours filling my basket with everything from plates to light bulbs to the plastic thing that organizes your silverware in the drawer. After checking out, I made my way to the delivery desk. I asked if everything could be delivered on our move-in day to the new place. Well, they only deliver on the day that you buy! So.... we now have a pile of plates, glasses, spatulas, tupperware, and cleaning supplies from Extra filling all of our extra space on the striped carpet!

Oh well, at least I could use the bucket (below) and the pink clippy things (above) for laundry.

I feel like I need one of these in each color!


or this...





No comments:

Post a Comment