Saturday, March 9, 2013

Cookin' in Brazil

Brody and I are finally feeling at home in Sao Paulo! In fact, we have two fabulous grocery stores just around the corner from us. Pao de Azucar is where we buy the basics and Terra de Naturaleza is our organic produce grocery store. 

Last week, I found this dry chardonnay that I love! It is made in Peru and the description is beautiful. That is why I enlarged the photo below. 

Aroma: Fruity, with traces of pineapple, maracuja and apples

Last week, I bought four carambolas (startfruit) and we ate them for dessert during the week! Yummy!
This week, I bought Caqui a popular dessert fruit here. I love it because it is sweeter and juicier than a plumb and you can eat it with a spoon.


Last Monday, I baked this Broccoli and Chicken Casserole. Brody LOVED it, but I don't think it can be a weekly recipe because the calorie count is a bit high.
 Last Wednesday, I made this asparagus and squash pasta. Unfortunately, I can only find the large salt granules here, so this dish came out too salty.
This week I made this scrumptious smothered chicken with spinach, mushrooms and mozzarella. To accompany the dish, Brody sautéed asparagus.

 On Wednesday. I made chicken salad lettuce wraps. The chicken salad had almond butter, honey, gala apples, and red grapes in it.
 Our fabulous maid, Maria came for the first time on Wednesday and she made rice and chicken for us, too! We saved it for dinner on Friday!
Believe me, we are eating like kings here! I am really enjoying the fresh produce here and the fact that nothing has preservatives. Everything tastes so fresh! Bon apetite!


No comments:

Post a Comment