Sunday, March 31, 2013

My Favorite Restaurant...

French Bistro for Date Night
For our date night, Brody and I went to a French restaurant that has been on my "Restaurant List" for awhile. The Bistro's teal door and romantic courtyard entrance immediately caught my eye as we strolled around our neighborhood when we first moved into our apartment in the beginning of February.

This note from the owners posted on a wall in the courtyard, sums up the entire experience perfectly!
Welcome! Ruella was created for us to celebrate the wisdom of living life intensely, with aromas and big flavors finding love. Remembering that the true success of life is to be happy and to have fun.
With affection, Danielle and ?
Yes! I translated the note above without using google translate! 

Covering the walls of the restaurant are unique black and white photos and colorful paintings. Each table has different chairs and is lit by candlelight.
To begin, I ordered a walnut and roasted pear salad with gorgonzola cheese. For my entree, I enjoyed the fetuccine pasta with pesto sauce, fresh basil, grape tomatoes and olives. 
 Brody ordered the artichoke heart and garlic pasta. I love the fresh rosemary garnish on his plate! 

I can officially say that Ruella is now my favorite restaurant in Sao Paulo! The food is delicious and the ambiance is perfect for a romantic evening! Even better, it is right around the corner from our house. 

3 comments:

  1. I bet you two had a lovely evening! I like the greeting message too, by the way. Those simple words can make every customer feel light. When eating out, the mood of the place is one factor people consider. Food comes next. How's the food, by the way? They look mouthwatering.
    Lawrie @ Jolie\'s Louisiana Bistro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lawrie,
      Thanks for the comment! The food at Ruella is really delicious, and the ambiance of the restaurant makes me feel cozy and comfortable! I checked out Jolie's Louisiana Bistro blog and your restaurant looks fabulous! I cant wait to try it whenever my husband and I are in Lafayette!

      Delete
  2. For a lovely dinner date, the ambiance of the restaurant and the mood it exudes are some of the most important factors to have on your list. And I can see that you two had a lovely evening. By the way, I'm glad to hear that the food was just as amazing!
    Lester @ Bee & Thistle Inn and Lounge

    ReplyDelete