Sunday, March 24, 2013

Friends, Feijoada, and Beer


6 half-pint beers for only 25 reals!
Beer Tasting
After the International festival, Brody and I joined a few of my teaching friends for beer tasting at a brewery in Sao Paulo. Most of the Brazilian beer is pretty light. We had fun tasting darker Brazilian brews!
Iian and Kim
Kim teaches down the hall from me!


 

Hamilton and Maggie
Maggie teaches high school math at my school.
Feijoada and Samba Dancing

Last weekend, Brody and I spent our Saturday at a restaurant/ bar called Samba, in Vila Magdalena, known to be Sao Paulo's Bohemian and artsy district. We split feijoada with six of our friends.The feijoada was yummy, but the samba band and people watching was even better!


The Feijoada was served with ribs, sausage and farofa.

Feijoada is prepared with black beans, salted pork, beef,  and sausage.
Brody added this hot sauce to his feijoada. He added way too much!
This sauce packs a punch!





1 comment:

  1. I see lots of food and drinks and zero travel stories. Looks like a U.S. experience thus far :-)

    ReplyDelete